Wenceslas Square is one of the main city squares and the centre of the business and cultural communities e New Town. Many historical events occurred there, and it is a traditional setting for demonstrations, celebrations, and other public gatherings. The square is named after Saint Wenceslas, the patron saint of Bohemia.
The Grand Hotel Europa on Wenceslas Square. Some Art-Nouveau.
Another beautiful building on the square. More Art-Nouveau.
Malá Strana referred to as "Lesser Town", "Lesser Quarter", or "Lesser Side") was originally a popular and nowadays also the official name for the former Menší mìsto pražské ("The Lesser Town of Prague"), one of Prague's historical and oldest boroughs. Its name comes from its position on the left (west) bank of the river Vltava, on the slopes just below the Prague Castle, in opposition to the larger towns of Prague on the right bank, to which it is conjoined by the Charles Bridge.
Statue in front of the K Museum. Yes, again, your eyes are not lying...
Michel and Judy playing around in the Kafka museum.
The Prague Astronomical Clock is a medieval astronomical clock built in 1410 by Nicolas de Kadau.
The Clock is composed of three main components: the astronomical dial, representing the position of the Sun and Moon in the sky and displaying various astronomical details; "The Walk of the Apostles", a clockwork hourly show of figures of the Apostles and other moving sculptures; and a calendar dial with medallions representing the months.
View of the square and the clock to the left.
Another view of the square.
View from the Charles Bridge
The Charles Bridge is a famous historical bridge that crosses the Vltava river.
The alley of 30 mostly baroque statues and statuaries situated on the balustrade forms a unique connection of artistic styles with the underlying gothic bridge.They depict various saints and patron saints venerated at that time.
Among the most notable sculptures, one can find the statuaries of St. Luthgard St. Crucifix or St. John of Nepomuk. Well known is also the statue of knight Bruncvík, although it does not belong to the main alley. Beginning in 1965, all of the statues have been systematically replaced by replicas and the originals have been exhibited in the lapidarium of the National Museum.
(Below) John of Nepomuk - a statue on the Charles Bridge. It is believed that it is good luck if you touch the two small statues on each bottom corner of the statue, hence the reason why the copper in those two spots is so shiny.
Gate entrance to Charles Bridge.
A beautiful facade...A art-nouveau building... An elagant restaurant. We had heard that Prague was a beautiful city and we were not disapoinyed. For once, all the hype was true!. It is the Municipal House. A brasserie.
Square on the HILL.
Saint Vitus's Cathedral is a Roman Catholic cathedral, and the seat of the Archbishop of Prague. The full name of the cathedral is St. Vitus, St. Wenceslas and St. Adalbert Cathedral. Located within Prague Castle and containing the tombs of many Bohemian kings, this cathedral is an excellent example of Gothic architecture and is the biggest and most important church in the country.
The Mucha window in Prague's St. Vitus Cathedral was designed in the early 1930s.(Alfons Maria Mucha (July 24, 1860–July 14, 1939) was a Czech Art Nouveau painter and decorative artist.)
Notice the statues on the steps... Steps going up to the Castle.
Estates Theatre (Stavovské divadlo)
Built in 1783 it is Prague's oldest theatre. Renamed the Tyl Theatre after WWII in honour of the 19th century Czech playwrite Josef Kajetán Tyl, its name reverted to Stavovské divadlo in 1990s. Mozart's opera “Don Giovanni” had its premiere there on 29 October1834.